|Main Page → Portal Persons → Jon Birger|
Jon Birger is an American freelance writer, speaker and author of Date-Onomics: How Dating Became a Lopsided Numbers Game.
Birger writes about emerging demographic trends of business and social relevance. This includes his latest focus on the deficit regarding college educated men and the implication of this deficit on dating for women. Beyond gender deficits, which he also discusses in his new book, Birger has contributed to magazine publications on topics as diverse as oil exploration in the Chukchi Sea.
A business journalist, Birger is a former senior writer at Fortune and Money magazines and continues to contribute to Fortune. He has contributed to Barron's, BusinessWeek, New York, Time, and The Washington Post.
Media and speaking engagements
He has appeared on media outlets including ABC's Good Morning America, BBC World Service, CNBC, CNN, MSNBC, National Public Radio, and Fox News.
Birger has presented at The Cato Institute, and The Economic Club of Florida and is scheduled to speak at South By Southwest in March 2016.
- How Dating Became a Lopsided Numbers Game - Jon Birger and Stefan Molyneux (October 12, 2015) (Size: 55:38 min.) (Mate choice behavior)
- Date-Onomics: How Dating Became a Lopsided Numbers Game, Workman Publishing Company (2015), ISBN 0-7611-8208-X
- Jon Birger (May 24, 2012) Why Shell is betting billions to drill for oil in Alaska, Fortune
- TIME.com: Jon Birger
- New York Magazine: Jon Birger
- Businessweek: Jon Birger
- Jon Birger (August 26, 2015) Hookup culture isn't the real problem facing singles today. It's math., Washington Post
- Jon Birger: About - Official Author Site
- Jon Birger: Another NPR interview and more news coverage of DATE-ONOMIC, Official Author Site
- Emily Ekins (October 27, 2015) The Economics of Dating: How Game Theory and Demographics Explain Dating in D.C., Cato Institute
- Website: dateonomics.com
|This article based on an article Jon Birger (11 August 2016) from the free Encyklopedia Wikipedia. The Wikipedia article is publised under under an unknown license. In Wikipedia is a List of Authors available those who worked on the text before being incorporated in WikiMANNia.|