|Slogan||Sharing knowledge free of feminist indoctrination|
|Launched||August 1, 2011|
|Number of Articles||747 (Effective: Aug 23, 2017)|
|Content license||CC BY-SA 2.0|
- Imagine a world in which every man can share knowledge free of feminist indoctrination. That's our commitment. — WikiMANNia Vision Statement.
The goal of WikiMANNia is to be a comprehensive library of men's issues, antifeminism, men's movement and criticism of feminism. It is dedicated to helping everyone who defends himself against these injustices by providing arguments and facts.
History of German WikiMANNia
After an outspoken self-declared profeminist and radical leftist user of the German Wikipedia had caused the deletion of the article "Masculism", around the end of 2008 there were some discussions in the German forum WGvdL. The User Rainer made the proposal to create a wiki of our own. In collaboration with the User Mars, the site WikiMANNia was launched on January 18th 2009; the first article was masculism. German author Arne Hoffmann favorably mentioned the new wiki half a year later in his blog. Two years later, 400 articles had been created in the German WikiMANNia. In May the number went up to 450, in June to 500, in July to 550, in August to 650, in September to 700, in October to 750, in November to 800, in December to 850 articles. 2012 the count increased to 900 in January, 950 in February, 1000 in March, 1050 in April, 1150 in August, 1200 in October, 1250 in November and 1300 in December. 2013 the count increased to 1350 in February, 1400 in April, 1450 in July, 1500 in August, 1600 in September, 1650 in October and 1725 in November 2013. 2014 the count increased to 1775 in January. The current inventory in January 2014 is 1800 items (in German). The current inventory in July 2017 is 4000 items (in German).
On July 15, 2015 WikiMANNia reached 400 items in English.
History of English WikiMANNia
Since 1st of August 2011, the English language version of WikiMANNia is open.
Quote: «[WikiMANNia] is really self explanatory. A site setup in German and English with the opportunity, for anyone willing, to add their facts and figures to record the destruction, death and pain feminism has inflicted on society and we can safely state without any fear of contradiction that it affects both sexes at the same time. Feminism is an equal opportunity supplier of pain and suffering to all with bias.» - September 22, 2011
- WikiMANNia: Sweep Feminism Into the Dustbin of History, Trust Christ or Go to Hell on September 15, 2011
Quote: «WikiMANNia is an independent wiki[wp] where masculists, antifeminists and men's rights activists can gather information without being censored or banned. [...] The goals of WikiMANNia are: to give anyone quick access to the most important issues regarding discrimination against men and favoritism towards women in politics, laws and society, and to offer an overview of antifeminism and the men's rights movement. It is dedicated to everyone who has to defend himself against feminist injustice, providing them with information for discussions on the web and elsewhere.» - September 14, 2011
The current inventory on 23 of August 2017 is 747 items (in English).
Guidelines and objectives of the project
WikiMANNia aims to counteract the feminist bias, which spreads a mythical view of a world in which only female victims and male perpetrators are acknowledged, while favoritism towards women and discrimination against men are swept under the rug.
WikiMANNia wants to document the policies which destroy the family.
WikiMANNia sees Wikipedia's "neutral point of view" as illusory in an open project with anonymous authors. An objective account is only possible for soundly established knowledge, which is not possible for controversial and emotionally charged issues such as feminism or men's rights. There could only ever be a misleading veneer of neutrality. A good example of this pseudo-neutrality is the article on the men's rights movement[wp] in the German Wikipedia.
Through the institutionalization of feminism (aka state feminism), feminist positions are over-represented in society. WikiMANNia sets itself in a decidedly anti-feminist position to act as a counter-weight against the feminist orthodoxy. Gender studies, Women's studies, Queer's studies are presented here as pseudo-scientific posturing that brings no gain in knowledge, but only ideological propaganda.
WikiMANNia aims to set itself apart from the often exaggerated claims made on various blogs, by focussing on facts and rational arguments. However, while most articles are written in an objective language, a few terms are beyond serious presentation, so the occasional humorous or satirical article can also be found here.
- German Wikipedia: Deletion of "Maskulismus", 4th January 2009
- Genderama: WikiMANNia mausert sich, 27th Juli 2009
- : on 19th January 2011
- WGvdL-Forum (Archiv 2): on 24th March 2011, on 7th May 2011, on 11th June 2011, on 11th July 2011, on 1st August 2011, on 16th August 2011, on 6th September 2011, on 15th October 2011, on 7th November 2011, on 4th December 2011
- WGvdL-Forum (Archiv 2): on 3rd January 2012, on 7th February 2012, on 8th March 2012, on 16th April 2012, on 21th August 2012, on 31th August 2012, on 2nd October 2012, : on 15th November 2012, on 27th December 2012
- : on 1st March 2013, on 10th April 2013, on 12th July 2013, on 13th August 2013, on 4th September 2013, on 28th September 2013, on 4th November 2013, on 29th November 2013
- WikiMANNia: Kicking Feminism to the Curb, WMASAW on September 22, 2011
- New Masculism / MRA Wiki, The Spearhead on September 14, 2011
Fighting For Men's Rights on January 15, 2015
- International Men's Day is a touch ironic, isn't it chaps?, The Telegraph on 19 November 2013
- Gerhard Wisnewski: Von Lila Pudeln und TroPi-Kindern: Männerenzyklopädie feiert 1.200. Artikel, Kopp-Verlag on November 2nd 2012
- Max C. Henrich: New Masculism / MRA Wiki, The Spearhead on September 14th, 2011
- WikiMANNia on Twitter
- Entry on wikiindex.org
- Die Söhne von Perseus: Maskulismus - Eine Reinspiration, January 8, 2009
- FemokratieBlog: WikiMANNia
- WikiMANNia! - Wider das unwissenschaftliche Gender Mainstreaming, Männersache on July 30, 2009
- Lohndiskriminierung?, Diesellog on July 28, 2009