|Main Page → Portal Persons → Glen Poole|
Glen Poole is an international expert on men and boys and author of the book Equality For Men. He is Director of the consultancy Helping Men, UK co-ordinator for International Men's Day and host of the National Conference for Men and Boys in Brighton and Hove.
He sees himself as a writer, author, campaigner, consultant, expert on men's issues.
Quote: «As a lapsed feminist myself, I've come to the conclusion that feminism is like religion, it has many different denominations and they don't all agree with each other.»
- How tackling the "crisis of masculinity" creates a crisis for feminism, The Guardian on 15 May 2013 (Labour is putting men's issues on the agenda, but it must avoid the negative narrative that stops men joining the debate.)
- International Men's Movement Gathers in Australia, The Good Men Project on 20 October 2013 (Some of the world's leading thinkers on men's issues are heading to Australia this week for what is probably the world's biggest conference on men's issues. Our International Men's Movement editor, Glen Poole, will be there.)
- Four Ways Great Dads Are Discriminated Against and What We Can Do About It, The Good Men Project on 18 August 2013 (Could equal rights for fathers be the key to helping more mums and dads to have it all?)
- Does the World Need a Global Men's Movement?, The Good Men Project on 31 July 2013 (An online poll has sparked a lively debate between the different factions of the global men's movement.)
- Why Men and Boys Don't Get What They Need, The Good Men Project on 30 June 2013 (Men and boys experience inequality but don't know how to fight it says our International Men's Movement editor Glen Poole)
- Do We Collectively Demonize Men and Boys?, The Good Men Project on 24 June 2013 (Do negative attitudes towards men lurk in our collective unconscious?)
- Can a Man be a Feminist?, The Good Men Project on 8 June 2013 (Glen Poole explains how the debate surrounding whether men can be feminists "really has nothing to do with your beliefs or your actions". The question of whether or not a man can be a feminist is a hot topic again, thanks to young male celebrities like John Legend, Ryan Gosling and John Hamm giving their name to the cause. As a lapsed feminist myself, I've come to the conclusion that feminism is like religion, it has many different denominations and they don't all agree with each other.)
- Glen Poole: A New Gender Agenda - TEDxLSE (7 June 2012) (Size: 9:58 min.)
- The Guardian: About Glen Poole
- The Good Men Project: About Glen Poole
- International Men's Day is a touch ironic, isn't it chaps?, The Telegraph on 19 November 2013
- Can a Man be a Feminist?, The Good Men Project on 8 June 2013