|Current status||active until May 2018|
|Owner||Richard Spencer[wp], Colin Liddell|
Alternative Right is an alt-right website created by Richard Spencer[wp] and Colin Liddell in 2010 and the "New Alternative Right" webzine, edited by Liddell and Andy Nowicki, that was created when the first website was shut down in 2013. Richard Spencer's Alternative Right was hosted at AlternativeRight.com and funded by NPI America[wp] before Spencer shut it down, saying it was too much work to manage. The website was inspired by Breitbart News[wp].
In 2012, Alternative Right published an article written by Colin Liddell, entitled "Is Black Genocide Right?" It stated that the black race[wp] "has contributed almost nothing to the pool of civilization" and asked "whether Black Genocide is something worth considering"; after drawing widespread criticism, the article was deleted from the site.
In May 2013, Yahoo! News reported that Jason Richwine, then a scholar at the Heritage Foundation[wp] and co-author of a controversial study on the costs of amnesty, had published an article and blog at AlternativeRight.com in 2010. The Rachel Maddow Show[wp] publicized these findings in a segment of the program on May 9, 2013.
In July 2015, Stephanie Saul of The New York Times interviewed Colin Liddell about the Alternative Right.
Alternative Right has been an object of criticism from both the left and right wings. Examples of the former include the Southern Poverty Law Center[wp], which has characterized the site as "yet another far-right[wp] magazine," as well as "loaded with contributors who...have long lamented the white man's decline." Conservative[wp] critiques include E. D. Kain's contention at True/Slant[wp], that "the far-right-wingers at Alternative Right represent the ugly - and yes racist[wp] - underbelly of 'alt' conservatism. This is white nationalism[wp], folks, dressed up in faux-intellectualism."
In March 2010, Spencer was interviewed by Tim Mak of FrumForum, the online magazine of George W. Bush[wp] speechwriter David Frum[wp]. Mak concluded that Alternative Right's "ideas belong in some sort of padded room," and that its writers are "going to be white nationalists, but, by God, they're going to be a little fancy about it."
- Jared Taylor[wp]
- Brittany Pettibone[wp]
- Richard Spencer[wp]
- Mike Peinovich[wp]
- Henrik Palmgren[wp]
- Right-wing eZine sinks to new low; calls for "Black Genocide", Daily Kos on March 3, 2012
- Larry Keller: Paleocon Starts New Extreme-Right Magazine, SPLC Southern Poverty Law Center on March 15, 2010
- Alt Right: A Primer about the New White Supremacy, Anti-Defamation League on February 10, 2016
- Keegan Hankes: Eating Their Own: Several Feuds Erupt Among White Nationalists, SPLC Southern Poverty Law Center on October 21, 2014
- Devin Burghart: Who is Richard Spencer?, IREHR Institute for Research and Education on Human Rights on June 27, 2014
- Daniel J. Solomon: Richard Spencer and White Supremacists Aim for Bigger Platform With 'AltRight.com', The Forward on January 18, 2017
- Richard Spencer: A Symbol Of The New White Supremacy, ADL Blogs on May 14, 2013
- Elspeth Reeve: Jason Richwine Says He's No Racist, Has Tough Time Spotting Racism, The Wire on May 13, 2013 (new link)
- Colin Liddell: Is Black Genocide Right?[webarchive], Alternative Right on February 14, 2012 (archived on February 18, 2012) (Quote: "While they were, like all low IQ people, at one time useful as dumb labor, technology has long since made them non-economical. The world in general would be better off if they went extinct.")
- National Review's John O’Sullivan: On the Board of Directors of a White Nationalist Group, little green footballs on April 17, 2012
- Josh Feldman: Maddow Rips Conservative Think Tank For Immigration Study Co-Author Who Claimed Latinos Have Lower IQs, Mediaite.com on July 23, 2013
- Podcast 32 The Lady from New York Times, Alternative Right on July 5, 2015
- E.D. Kain: Richard Spencer and the ugly white nationalism of the Alternative Right, True/Slant on March 13, 2010
- Tim Mak: The "New" Racist Right[webarchive], FrumForum on March 8, 2010 (archived on July 25, 2015)
- Cynthia Dizikes: Arrests made as protesters clash at pro-Trump rally in Berkeley, SFGate on April 16, 2017
- Shane Bauer: I went behind the front lines with the far-right agitators who invaded Berkeley, Mother Jones on April 18, 2017
- Reeves Wiedeman: The Duke Lacrosse Scandal and the Birth of the Alt-Right, Daily Intelligencer on April 14, 2017
- Web presens: alternative-right.blogspot.com
|This article based on an article Alternative Right (May 29, 2017) from the free Encyklopedia Wikipedia. The Wikipedia article is published under the dual license GNU-License for free Documentation and Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0). In Wikipedia is a List of Authors available those who worked on the text before being incorporated in WikiMANNia.|