Creeper Move cards
Main Page → Creeper Move cards
The Creeper Move cards are red and yellow cardboard cards which are designed to be handed to people at geek events who are harassing others or otherwise being creepy[ext]. They are in the style of red[wp] and yellow cards[wp] in association football aka soccer (penalty and warning cards, respectively), along with green cards used to thank someone for civil behavior.
Text of the cards
The text of the cards is licensed under the Creative Commons Zero license[wp]. You may copy, modify, translate, or print your own. A printing company has offered a discount on printing costs for the cards (see the source web site[ext] for more information).
- CREEPER MOVE!
- If you have received this card, you have done something wildly inappropriate or otherwise harassed the person who handed this to you. You should be happy you got a card and not a punch in the face. Check yourself - you might not be this lucky twice!
- CREEPER MOVE!
- If you have received this card, you have done something mildly inappropriate to the person who handed this to you. Your intentions might have been good, but before future engagement make sure you are being respectful and mindful of people's boundaries.
- THANK YOU!
- The person who handed you this card appreciates that you were respectful and mindful instead of overbearing and harassing. It might not seem like much, but you could have gotten a yellow or red card instead. Cheers!
- Creeper Move cards/DEFCON 2012 text[ext]
The Creeper Move cards were created in July 2012 by KC Crowell. They were originally designed for the DEFCON[ext] event and have appeared at other hacker events.
They were translated into German in 2012.
- A version of the Creeper Move cards were used as part of anti-feminist backlash during the Chaos Communications Congress 29 incidents[ext]
- Geek Feminism Wiki: Backup Ribbon Project[ext]
- KC's original blog entry about the cards
- KC's subsequent overview of the card project which includes instructions for getting copies.
- The Ada Initiative[ext] discussed the project: Why Conference Harassment Matters
|This article based on an article Creeper Move cards from Geek Feminism Wiki.|