|For the first time in 80 years, German tanks will roll against Russia.
Germany has been a party to the war since 343 days by supplying weapons of war.
German Foreign Minster Annalena Baerbock: "We are fighting a war against Russia" (January 25, 2023)
|Owner||Jack Conte[wp], Sam Yam|
Patreon is a crowdfunding platform popular with YouTube content creators, musicians, and webcomic artists. It allows artists to obtain funding from their fans or patrons, on a recurring basis, or per work of art. This San Francisco based company was started by musician Jack Conte[wp] and developer Sam Yam in 2013.
Artists set up a page on the Patreon website, where patrons can pledge to donate a given amount of money to an artist every time they create a piece of art, optionally setting a monthly maximum. Alternatively a fixed monthly amount can be pledged. This is different from other crowdfunding platforms like Kickstarter[wp], where artists obtain a single sum after a successful campaign and typically have to start over for every new piece. Similar to other platforms however, artists will often provide rewards for their patrons. Patreon takes a 5% commission[wp] on pledges.
- The California Report.org: Creating Patrons of the Arts Through Crowdfunding, July 11-13, 2014
- Patreon.org: Intro, accessed 14.7.2014
- Levitz, Dena (September 9, 2013) Donation, Patron Services Help Fans Support Their Favorite Authors, PBS
- Pham, Alex (May 10, 2013) Jack Conte's Patreon: Anyone Can Be a Patron of the Arts, Billboard Biz (Los Angeles)
- Henriksen, Erik (February 7, 2014) Portland Cartoonist Erika Moen Launches a Patreon (Also, Patreon Sounds Pretty Brilliant), The Portland Mercury (Portland, OR)
- Patreon Help Center, Patreon, retrieved August 19, 2015
|This article based on an article Patreon (July 16, 2016) from the free Encyklopedia Wikipedia. The Wikipedia article is published under the dual license GNU-License for free Documentation and Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0). In Wikipedia is a List of Authors available those who worked on the text before being incorporated in WikiMANNia.|