Paul Hunt is a gymnastics coach and gymnastics clown. An Illinois native, he is from Murray, Utah. He runs Hunt's Gymnastics Academy (a.k.a. Hunt's Gym) in Salt Lake City[wp]. Hunt has performed comedic performances of women's gymnastics routines, including the uneven bars, floor exercises, and the balance beam since 1980. He has performed on US and international television, including Wide World of Sports and America's Funniest Videos.
Hunt was a competitive men's gymnast at the University of Illinois in the early 1970s. He won the Big Ten Conference individual championship in the floor exercise in 1971, and had another win in the floor exercise in 1973. He was the 1972 US-National Floor Exercise champion.
Hunt has been coaching gymnastics in Utah since 1974. While demonstrating a backflip[wp] for a female student, he realized the comic value of a man performing women's gymnastics. He performs his routines during gymnastics competitions for comic relief[wp], wearing a skirted leotard and often calling himself Paulina Huntesque, Pauletta Huntenova or some similar variation. Often he would sport his thick mustache.
- About Paul at Hunt's Gymnastics Academy
- Floor routine by Paul Hunt - sportscaster commentators unknown
- "Hunt relies on humor to promote gymnastics", The Advocate (Baton Rouge, Louisiana), 3 February 1986
- Nadia Tour uneven bar performance
- Floor Exercise routine
- Balance beam routine
- Performance on France's Canal+
- Teachers & Staff, Hunt's Gymnastics Academy
- Big Ten Conference 2006/07 - Big Ten Records Book, Men's Gymnastics[ext]
- Roster of Winners of Individual and Team Championships in Sports During 1973, The New York Times, 23 December 1973
- Website: Hunt's Gymnastics Academy
|This article based on an article Paul Hunt (gymnast) (25 March 2011) from the free Encyklopedia Wikipedia. The Wikipedia article is published under the dual license GNU-License for free Documentation and Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0). In Wikipedia is a List of Authors available those who worked on the text before being incorporated in WikiMANNia.|