Ruth Brown (* 1992) lives in London and was participant in BBC - The Voice season 2012.
In January 2016 she released her first single Place of Paradise.
Quote: «She may seem shy but don't let that fool you: beneath her quiet exterior lies a gigantic voice. 20-year-old Ruth Brown blew the coaches away and won a prestigious spot on Sir Tom's team.
She said she was nervous but Ruth has already sung for the most powerful man in Britain - the Prime Minister, not Tom Jones - so she's no stranger to the stage. But she says she wants someone to help her become an ARTIST.
Brought up with music-loving parents, she's got music in her bones. Her ideal way to relax is to write songs - we prefer a hot chocolate but that's why she's an artist and we're not! Who knows, she could soon be singing her own songs for a living...» - BBC - The Voice (Profile)
Quote: «Ruth Brown from London with a gigantic voice that doesn't even need a microphone for the world to hear!
In 2012 Ruth Brown was on the first series of The Voice UK, in which Ruth blew coaches away and won a prestigious spot on Sir Tom's team, which continued throughout the show. However since her departure from The Voice Semi-Finals, she has twitted that she has had no contact from Sir Tom since the show, although Ruth is still young, has a great vocal ability which can still improve. Every time Ruth Brown sings she is singing from inside, her passion comes across with every note then her ability really does make sure it delivers telling a story to the audience.» - Music Crowns
Quote: «Im worried that as other artists launch a career from the Voice she will become side-lined and lost. Which would be a great tragedy as she has great potential.» - Quote on 10-06-2012 Quote: «Put simply, Ruth Brown is the girl who killed Five Star. The Voice was supposed to mark Deniece Pearson's[wp] tentative first step back into the limelight after decades of obscurity, but Ruth made sure this didn't happen. As Deniece moonwalked and shoulder-popped and cha'moned her way through No One[wp] during Saturday's battle, Ruth just stood there and punched a colossal hole in the song. She left Deniece in tatters. Expect her to do the same to the rest of the competition.» - The Guardian
- Twitter: @ruthjbrown
- Facebook: Ruth-Brown
- The Music Line: Ruth Brown - The Music Line (2 June 2017) (Size: 11:17 min.)
- BBC - The Voice[wp]
- Ruth Brown: Blind Audition Performance, 14 Apr 2012
- Deniece Pearson Vs Ruth Brown: Battle Performance, 21 Apr 2012
- Deniece Pearson vs. Ruth Brown performing 'No One' - The Voice UK - BBC (21 Apr 2012) (Size: 2:44 min.)
- Ruth Brown: 'Get Here', 28 Apr 2012
- Ruth Brown: 'Next To Me', 12 May 2012
- Team Tom performance: 'Shake It Out', 20 May 2012
- Leanne Mitchell vs. Ruth Brown performing 'Shake It Out' - The Voice UK - BBC (22 May 2012) (Size: 2:16 min.)
- Ruth Brown: 'The Voice Within', 26 May 2012
- The Voice: Leanne Mitchell & Ruth Brown give an amazing rendition of "Shake It Out", unrealitytv.co.uk on 20 May 2012
- Ruth Brown sends crowd wild with The Voice performance of Next To Me, Metro on 12 May 2012 (The Voice UK contestant Ruth Brown has wowed the audience on the BBC show once again after performing Emeli Sandé song Next To Me, earning a standing ovation from Tom Jones, Jessie J, will.i.am and Danny O'Donoghue.)
- The Voice: Ruth Brown's Story - badly bullied by gangs, she found her voice and turned Tom Jones to tears, Mirror Online on 21 Apr 2012 (The Voice favourite Ruth Brown has told how she suffered years of physical and verbal abuse from teen gangs)
- Ruth Brown performs 'Amazing Grace' (Mondo Water Rats, 4 Nov 2012) (Size: 3:59 min.)
- Ruth Brown performs 'And I Am Telling You' - RuthieeBaybiee (20 Feb 2010) (Size: 4:42 min.)
- Ruth Brown performs 'I Will Always Love You' (2007 at the Lambeth Country Show in Brixton, London, UK) (Size: 4:32 min.)
- Ruth Brown performs 'I Am Changing' (2007 at the Lambeth Country Show in Brixton, London, UK) (Size: 3:59 min.)
- Ruth Brown performs 'Amazing Grace' (Jaz Ellington Birthday Gig) (Size: 3:51 min.)
- Wedding Entertainer in West Norwood, London (UK) - Ruth Brown