|Lived||June 14, 1981-May 9, 2016|
He engaged as Events Editor at IntactNews and as Events Coordinator with the Bay Area Intactivists. Before, he had worked in the San Francisco MGM Bill initiative to protect all children from forced genital cutting and work with and support other pieces of pending legislation on the local, state and national level.
On May 9, 2016, he took his own life. A few days earlier he demonstrated, as often, on the streets for the right of children on intact genitals, but apparently didn't talk to anybody about his great pain.
His last Facebook entry (May 8, 2016) is:
Quote: «To all of the mothers who protected their children from genital mutilation in the face of pressure from their community, religious leaders, family, or spouse/partner, thank you for putting the safety, well-being, and human rights of your children first.» - Jonathon Conte (Facebook)
- Facebook profile: anotherjonathon
- Anti circumcision 'intactivist' Jonathon Conte found dead, aged 34, Attitude on May 20, 2016 ("I know how much he could have done, how much more he had ahead of him.")
- Jonathan Friedman: In Memoriam: On the Passing of My Personal Hero and Friend Jonathon Conte, IntactNews on May 15,2016 (For those who knew him personally, he was a bright and friendly person. But on the inside, he was tormented by many things, and circumcision was near or at the top of this list of grievances.)
- Jonathon Conte, 34, RIP, Justice for Men & Boys on May 10, 2016
- Jonathon Conte: Motivations of an Intactivist, IntactNews (My name is Jonathon Conte. I am a victim of male genital mutilation and I'm an intactivist.)
- Jonathon: Motivations of an Intactivist (October 6, 2011) (Size: 16:17 min.)
|This article based on an article Jonathon Conte (14 June 2016) from the free Encyklopedia IntactiWiki. The IntactiWiki article is published under GNU-License for free Documentation. In IntactiWiki is a List of Authors available those who worked on the text before being incorporated in WikiMANNia.|