Rope Bunny is a term used to describe someone who enjoys being tied up.
A rope bunny is a person who enjoys being restrained[wipi], tied up, and/or immobile during sexual intercourse; usually a submissive partner.
- Definition - What does Rope Bunny mean?
- Rope bunny is a term used within the bondage community to denote a person who is tied up with rope by another individual, known as a rigger or rope artist. Usually the term rope bunny is used to refer to models who are tied up to demonstrate techniques in rope bondage[wipi], such as shibari[wipi], but it may also be used to refer to anyone who is tied up with rope.
- Although rope bunny is a relatively common term, some people in the BDSM community object to it because it casts the bound partner as a victim rather than an active participant in a scene. Rope bottom is a more neutral description to use.
- Kinkly explains Rope Bunny
- Many rope bottoms enjoy the power exchange[wipi] that comes with rope bondage. They give control of their bodies over to another person (the rigger), who can manipulate them and tie them up as they see fit (with consent, of course!). The tight sensation and look of rope against their skin is also very appealing and sensual to many people.
- As with participation in any type of bondage, agreeing to be a rope bottom carries some degree of risk. A bound rope bottom should never be left alone. It is also the responsibility of the rigger and any onlookers to monitor a rope bottom to ensure their circulation and airflow are not compromised. The lines of communication between a rope bottom and a rigger should always be kept open. It's a good idea to keep a strong pair of scissors handy to free anyone bound by rope quickly in case of an emergency.
The counterpart is the Rigger.
|This article based on an article rope bunny from Urban Dictionary, March 26, 2016.