Often, chastity is understood as merely sexual abstinence or abstinence; The ideal of intentional and deliberate chastity is, however, more profound: chastity is the behavior of a person to behave shamefully on the basis of an acquired feeling of shame or a conscious principle, and to shun the innocent and the violations of morality. In many cultures, the call for chastity as a religious commandment plays a role (see also taboo). This understanding of chastity as a general moderation, which is not limited to sexual behavior alone, can also be observed in the development of the word keusch in German. Even in Middle High German[wp], kiusche meant "modest" or "conscious". Recently in New High German[wp] the significance narrowed to sexual abstinence.
In Christian iconography, the seven deadly sins[wp] are often compared to the seven virtues[wp]; Chastity, as a virtue, is the counterpart of Lust[wp] (latin luxuria). A symbol of virgin purity is the lilium[wp].
Quote: «It was never the traditional view that a woman's erotic power over men was anything she possessed unconditional personal rights over. Instead, the use to which she put this natural power was understood to be freighted with extensive responsibilities - to God, her family, the man to whom she gave herself, the children produced by the union, and her own long-term well being. In order to fulfill her obligations as creature, daughter, wife, and mother she required considerable powers of self-control. This cultivated and socially reinforced sexual self-control was known as modesty[wp]. It required chiefly the duty of chastity before marriage and fidelity within marriage; secondarily, it involved maintaining a certain demeanor toward men - polite but reserved.» - F. Roger Devlin
- A Journey in to Chastity - written by a collared slave to Mistress Angelica, collared slave (Author), Mistress Angelica (Publisher), 2017, 85 pages
- Georgia Ivey Green: A KeyHolder's Handbook - A Woman's Guide To Male Chastity And Sexual Teasing, 2013
- Lucy Fairbourne: Male Chastity - a Guide for Keyholders, 2010
- F. Bross: Grundkurs Germanistische Linguistik für das bayerische Staatsexamen, Gunter Narr, Tübingen 2014, p. 174 (Basic Course Germanistic Linguistics for the Bavarian State Examiner)
- F. Roger Devlin: Sexual Utopia in Power, Part 2, Counter-Currents Publishing on July 13, 2011
- From a review:
- A gentle introduction to male chastity
- I would consider this a gentle, introduction to male chastity. If you are a male, trying to figure out how to introduce male chastity to your female partner, this book can be of help. [...]
- Books on this topic are often porn in disguise. Dropping one of those on your vanilla partner won't help at all. Ms. Green has written a guide that is basic and should not frighten your future keyholder.
- To go into greater depth, is in my opinion, impossible for male chastity. There is just too much variability in the partners backgrounds and experience to be able to write an all-in-one conclusive guide. This will get you started.
- Her descriptions of the chastity experience for both partners is spot on. I had to experience it first hand to accept what she claims. If you have a solid relationship, following her suggestions can lead to better communication between partners, an exploration of new boundaries, and a lot of fun. All of which, lead to a stronger relationship.
- Wikipedia has an article about Chastity
- What Makes Female Chastity Interesting To You?, Discerning Specialist on September 14, 2017
- Josef Spindelböck: Von der notwendigen Wiederentdeckung der Keuschheit - Ein Ausweg aus sozialer und kultureller Dekadenz, Katholisches am 9. Dezember 2009