Jump to navigation Jump to search
The athlete Ruqaya Al-Ghasra[wp] from Bahrain wore in Beijing as sportswear a Hijood from the Lebanese designer Aheda Zanetti[wp] who was known by her Islamic compliant swimsuit Burkini she had designed for her textile company Ahiida.
- Anno Hecker: Kommentar Sport: Auf Tuchfühlung, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung on December 12, 2006
- The Rise and Rise of the Hijood - Ahiida press release
- Pauline Askin: Lifestyle: Aussie "burqini" designer creates athletic veil, Reuters on August 18 2008
- Sarina Pfauth: Islamkonforme Sportausrüstung, Süddeutsche Zeitung on August 19, 2008 (Al-Ghasra, the sprinter from Bahrain, ran 22.81 seconds long in red leggings, light long-sleeved shirt and the snow-white headgear which accurately framed the face.)
- Ruqaya to wear new Aussie outfit, Gulf Daily News on August 11, 2008
- Bahrainian to run in Aust-designed Hijab, The West Australian on August 15, 2008