|For the first time in 80 years, German tanks will roll against Russia.
Germany has been a party to the war since 573 days by supplying weapons of war.
German Foreign Minster Annalena Baerbock: "We are fighting a war against Russia" (January 25, 2023)
|Lived||July 4, 1948-April 26, 2013|
Earl Silverman (1948-2013) was the founder of Men’s Alternative Safe House[w4m] (MASH) in Calgary, believed to be the only men's domestic violence shelter in Canada at the time. In 2013, Silverman took his own life shortly after his efforts to keep MASH funded failed and he was forced to close its doors due to lack of funding.
Earl Silverman came to Calgary, from Montreal by way of Miami, FL and Vancouver, B.C. in 1978. Earl's most notable accomplishment was his formation and development of the socially innovative "Family of Men" support society in 1999.
Quote: «When I went into the community looking for some support services, I couldn't find any. There were a lot for women, and the only programs for men were for anger management. As a victim, I was re-victimized by having these services telling me that I wasn't a victim, but I was a perpetrator.» - Earl Silverman
Earl Silverman says:
- "In Canada, they're stuck with a Marxist gender model and that’s never going to change", explaining that the current system defines "male and female relationships where men are the bourgeois group with the power and women as the proletariat with no power." 
Earl Silverman's will directed that the funds from his estate should be dispersed so as to create an educational scholarship for male victims of female perpetrated domestic violence. Courts in Alberta directed that the funds should be dispersed to the Mount Royal University Foundation for this purpose.
- Jen Gerson: Privately run shelter for male victims of domestic abuse forced to close its doors due to lack of funding, National Post on March 20, 2013 (Teaser: While awareness of domestic abuse has led to hundreds of shelters and myriad resources for women, few if any can be accessed by male victims.)
- Remembering Earl Silverman, Founder of Men's Alternative Safe House, RADAR (Respecting Accuracy in Domestic Abuse Reporting) on April 28, 2013
- Jewish Memorial Chapel Cemetery, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Earl Silverman - Obituary, Calgary Herald from May 9/10, 2013
- Jen Gerson: Privately run shelter for male victims of domestic abuse forced to close its doors due to lack of funding, National Post on March 20, 2013
- A final letter from Earl Silverman, Family of Men on August 12, 2013
- Terry’s Memorial to Earl Silverman, Family of Men on June 1, 2013
- Jen Gerson: Man who ran Canada's only shelter dedicated solely to male victims of domestic abuse dies in apparent suicide, National Post on April 28, 2013
- Barbara Kay: Our male-victimizing myths live on, National Post on March 13, 2013
- Earl Silverman Dead: Owner Of Shelter For Male Victims Of Domestic Abuse In Apparent Suicide, Huffington Post on April 29, 2013
- Amanda Stephenson: Calgarian who founded shelter for male victims of domestic abuse mourned (Earl Silverman founded shelter for male victims of domestic violence), Calgary Herald on April 28, 2013
- NCFM Calgary Liaison Earl Silver’s shelter for abused men faces closure, National Coalition For Men on March 16, 2012
- RIP Earl Silverman - We will never forget... (April 26, 2013) (Size: 3:27 min.)
- Earl Silverman's corpse - AVFM Radio (April 28, 2013) (Size: 8:48 min.)
- Christopher Walsh: Earl Silverman lived for nothing, died for something (Earl Silverman committed suicide Friday in Calgary), Beacon News on April 28, 2013
- Fundraiser for Earl Silverman Center, The Moderate Voice on April 29, 2013
- Earl Silverman - A Great Man, Reyeko MRA on April 28, 2013
- Ally Fogg: Need knows no gender, The Independent on May 1, 2013 (The life of Earl Silverman, Canadian domestic violence activist, was an inspiration. His death is a tragedy - and one that raises questions about our attitude to men in crisis.)
- Rod Van Mechelen: The Proof is in the Prejudice - Why did Earl Silverman Have to Die?, The Backlash on April 27, 2013
- Fundraising im Gedenken an Männerrechtler, der sich das Leben nahm, läuft stark an, Genderama on April 29, 2013
- Fehlende Unterstützung: Männerrechtler bringt sich um, Genderama on April 27, 2013
- Mangels staatlicher Unterstützung: Einziges Männerhaus in Kanada muss schließen, Genderama on March 22, 2013
|This article based initially on an article Earl Silverman (July 1, 2013) from the free Encyklopedia Wiki4Men. The Wiki4Men article is published under Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0). In Wiki4Men is a List of Authors available those who worked on the text before being incorporated in WikiMANNia.|