A mermaid is a mythical marine creature that has the appearance of a (naked) woman down to the waist and a fish's tail below the waist. The word comes from mer (sea) + maid. The male counterpart is a klabautermann[wp].
The idea probably arose from sailors seeing marine creatures and fantasising that they were women, or at least partly women.
- "Swimming as a Mermaid is a truly incredible experience. Enhancing Mind, Body and Spirit, through being a real life Mermaid. Encouraging everyone to feel good about them selves, exercising in a fun, fantastic environment, wearing a beautiful tail." - Mayim Mermaid Academy
- Wikipedia has an article about Mermaid
- Real mermaids swimming in a public water tank (Size: 5:43 min.)
- Mermaid Swimming Mistakes (Size: 3:52 min.)
- "How to swim like a mermaid", Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - AquaMermaid (#1 Dolphin kick, #2 Side kick, #3 Sculling, #4 The butterfly kick, #5 Arms Workout)
- Disney's Little Mermaid - Makeup Tutorial (Size: 5:17 min.)
|This article based on an article Mermaid (31 March 2014) from the free Encyklopedia Wipipedia. The Wipipedia article is published under GNU-License for free Documentation. In Wipipedia is a List of Authors available those who worked on the text before being incorporated in WikiMANNia.|