|International Conference on Men's Issues 2019 - ICMI in Chicago, Date: 16-18 August 2019, Venue: O'Hare International Airport - Info[ext]|
|Sharing knowledge free of feminist indoctrination.|
|The antithesis of feminist victim culture and hate ideology.|
|This wiki is in preparation: You want to edit? Clic here to join us!|
Safe, sane and consensual
Woman wearing a collar with attached chain
|B&D, B/D, or BD||Bondage and discipline|
|D&s, D/s, or Ds||Dominance and submission|
|S&M, S/M, or SM||Sadism and masochism|
|Top/Dominant||partner who performs or controls the activity|
|Bottom/Submissive||partner who receives or is controlled|
|Switch||switches between roles|
Safe, sane and consensual (SSC) is one of several phrases used by a large section of the BDSM and bondage communities to describe themselves and their philosophies who regard SSC to be a watchword for safety.
The principles are that BDSM activities should be:
- safe: attempts should be made to identify and prevent risks to health
- sane: activities should be undertaken in a sane and sensible cast of mind
- consensual: all activities should involve the full informed consent[wipi] of all parties involved
Other people in the BDSM community do not consider SSC to be an accurate term for these relationships/activities. The term Risk Aware Consensual Kink has been gaining popularity as a substitute description.
For those who dissent, issues generally arise from the subjective nature of each term in SSC and the problems this creates both within and outside the community when using the term as a yardstick to evaluate activities.
Most attribute the term to David Stein, who coined it in 1984 for GMSMA. More information can be found in the essay titled Safe Sane Consensual: The Evolution of a Shibboleth.
- GMSMA = Gay Male S/M Activists
- Wikipedia has an article about Safe, sane and consensual
- Wipipedia has an article about Safe, sane and consensual
- Wipipedia has an article about RACK vs SSC
- "Safe, Sane and Consensual" - A Proposed Definition, Dominant Guide on January 28, 2013
|This article based on an article Safe, sane and consensual (7 November 2013) from the free Encyklopedia Wipipedia. The Wipipedia article is published under GNU-License for free Documentation. In Wipipedia is a List of Authors available those who worked on the text before being incorporated in WikiMANNia.|