|World Hijab Day
||Better Awareness. Greater Understanding. Peaceful World.
The World Hijab Day is the response of Muslim women on the "burqa" ban[wp] in France and the secular religion of state feminism. The Muslimas invite on World Hijab Day (February 1 of each year) non-Muslim women to wear the hijab[wp] (Islamic head covering) for one day.
The initiator Nazma Khan (r.)
Headscarf are available in many religions: Christian Catholic, Hindu woman, Muslim woman, Orthodox woman, Sabian woman and Jewish woman
||«Hijab for a Day»
The initiative was launched by Nazma Khan - who had come with 11 years from Bangladesh to New York - to set a sign for freedom of their own decision. Organized through social networks, so the interest of Muslims and non-Muslims was awakened in some 50 countries around the world.
||«I figured the only way to end discrimination if we ask our fellow sisters to experience hijab themselves.» - Nazma Khan, World Hijab Day founder
||«I was made to feel like a criminal, as if I was responsible for 9/11 and owed an apology to everyone.» - Nazma Khan
||«Our goal is to foster global religious tolerance and understanding through hijab awareness. Many women get discriminated (against) simply because they choose to wear the hijab.» - Nazma Khan
Before judging, cover yourself for a day.
Carol Lee (Mrs. Universe[wp]
"We invite both the non-Hijabi Muslim & non-Muslim sisters across the globe to wear and experience the Hijab for one day."
World Hijab Day 2013 - Logo
"World Hijab Day"-Event in Canada 2017
- Happy World Hijab Day, Perks of Being a Hijabi on February 1, 2015
- Try the Hijab for One Day, Muslim Association of Britain on January 30, 2015
- World Hijab Day is on 4th September, The Muslim Press in August 2012
- World Hijab Day: Non-Muslims in Hijab (Size: 1:48 min.)
- Does World Hijab Day Lead To Greater Understanding Of Muslim Women?, The Frisky on 4 February 2013
- Facebook: Why International Hijab Day on September 4?, Muhammed Shihad on 29 August 2012
- World Hijab Day: Finding Myself Under a Veil, Huffington Post on 2 February 2013
- World Hijab Day: Everyone's Favourite Dress-Up Day, Patheos on 5 February 2013
- Women take the veil in support of World Hijab Day, Examiner on 2 February 2013