|The ICMI20 conference was planned to be held in Sydney and is cancelled as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. in Sydney, Australia, Date: July 31 - August 2, 2020, Venue: –|
|Sharing knowledge free of feminist indoctrination.|
|The antithesis to feminist victim culture and hate ideology.|
|This wiki is in preparation: Do you want to edit it? Click here to join us!|
|Born||19 February 1939|
Erin Patria Margaret Pizzey (born 1939 in China, daughter of a diplomat) is a Irish family care activist and a novelist. She became internationally famous for having started one of the first women's refuges (called women's shelters in the U.S.) in the modern world, Chiswick Women's Aid[wp], in 1971.
Pizzey has been the subject of death threats and boycotts because of her research into the claim that most domestic violence is reciprocal, and that women are equally as capable of violence as men. Pizzey has said that the threats were from militant feminists.
Erin is still actively working to help victims of domestic violence. In March 2007, Erin opened first Arab refuge for victims of domestic violence in Bahrain. In 2009 Erin said she has "never been a feminist, because, having experienced my mother's violence, I always knew that women can be as vicious and irresponsible as men."
- (with Jeff Shapiro) Prone to Violence, Hamlyn, 1982, ISBN 0-600-20551-7
- Erin Pizzey Interview at ICMI16 in London, England - StudioBrule (8-10 July, 2016) (Size: 7:39 min.)
- Erin Pizzey - ICMI14 (June 26-28, 2014) (Size: 19:13 min.)
- Domestic violence campaigner - 'Intergenerational Family Violence v. The Big Lie - ICMI16 (July 8, 2016) (Size: 38:06 min.)
- Haven House in California was founded in 1964, seven years earlier than Pizzey's shelter (see About Haven House[webarchiv]).
- Rappaport, Helen[wp] (2001). "Pizzey, Erin (1939- ) United Kingdom". Encyclopedia of women social reformers 1. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO. p. 549. ISBN 1-57607-101-4. "In 1972 the center was visited by U.S. feminists, who set up similar ventures in the United States..."
- The organisation is known today as Refuge[wp]. "35 years of Refuge". Refuge. 2009. Archived from the original on 4 January 2010. Retrieved 7 July 2011.
- Philip W. Cook: Abused Men. The Hidden Side of Domestic Violence., ABC-CLIO 2009, ISBN 0-313-35618-1,pp. 123-124
- Deborah Ross: Battered? Erin Pizzey? Yes, a bit, The Independent on March 10, 1997
- Erin Pizzey: Who's Failing the Family, The Scotsman on March 30, 1999
- Wiki4Men: Erin Pizzey, Erin Pizzey award
- Sandman Speaks with Erin Pizzey - MGTOW (June 10, 2014) (Size: 10:29 min.) (Sandman)
- Erin Pizzey speaking at the University of Toronto - Erin Pizzey (June 6-7, 2014) (Size: 32:27 min.)
- Warren Farrell and Erin Pizzey - In Conversation (January 28, 2014) (Size: 117:50 min.) (Warren Farrell)
- Erin Pizzey on Feminism - manwomanmyth (2 November 2011) (Size: 3:26 min.) (Erin Pizzey, author and highly regarded domestic violence expert (who opened the worlds first DV shelter) gives her opinions on the start of the women's movement.) (What does the slogan Make the personal political mean?)
- Erin Pizzey interviewed by Dean Esmay - deanesmay (19 December 2012) (Size: 50:50 min.)
- Erin Pizzey: Prone to Violence, Prone to Violence
- How The Women's Movement Taught Women to Hate Men
- Erin Pizzey - Founder of the Modern Women's Shelter Movement
- Paul Revoir: Women "exhausted" by fight for equality, claims feminist icon, Daily Mail on 30 April 2009
- Revelations with Erin Pizzey: Dr. Warren Farrell, A Voice for Men - Radio Show on September 14, 2013