|Born||July 15, 1966|
Dean Esmay (* 1966) is an american freelance writer and general geek. He was managing editor of A Voice for Men for years until July 2015. He has been blogging on his blog Red Pill Religion since October 2016.
Dean Esmay co-hosts AVfM Radio's Revelations with Erin Pizzey on domestic violence, and Tales from the Infrared on geek culture. He encourages people to look at issues through the lens of compassion for men who deserve it, and respect for women who deserve it. He is the author of the critically-acclaimed novel Methuselah's Daughter.
Quote: «My name is Dean Esmay, and I am a secular social critic. I am also a former Atheist, and what I call a "Little-o" orthodox Christian.» - Red Pill Religion Quote: «Have resigned from A Voice for Men. Wish everybody there the best.» - On Twitter Quote: «On my resignation from A Voice for Men
I should have realized I couldn't just tweet that I'd resigned and not have people ask questions. So let's hope this answers them: Unless there is some serious issue of life and limb that requires grand drama, it's never a good idea to air philosophical and personal conflicts publicly.
I have quit A Voice for Men because it was time to move on. That is all. I am on speaking terms with everybody. I am taking some time off, looking after my long-neglected health, and relaxing with family and friends. That will include my online friends. I will also continue to be a shit-stirrer, but now, as a civilian. At least until I find my next home. :-)» - On TwitLonger
Quote: «All good things eventually must come to an end and, sadly, Dean has decided to resign from AVfM staff in order to look after his health and also take his activism in a different direction from that of AVfM when he is ready to.
Our parting was amicable and we have nothing but admiration for what Dean has achieved in the past (and what doubtless he will continue to achieve) and gratitude for the years of thankless, hard work he put in to make AVfM what it is today.» - David King
Quote: «Dean, I am so glad you and Paul are taking care of your health, but it is hard to imagine two people more effectively penetrating the cultural shrug given boys and men than the two of you. Thank you for your infinite dedication.» - Warren Farrell Quote: «Dean, you're a legend. Thanks for all you've done, and for the advice you've given me on occasion. You've inspired so many with your hard work, dedication, and fresh insights. I wish you every success in sorting out your health, and I look forward to hearing about your activities in future.» - Mike Buchanan
Quote: «Isn't it amazing how people keep using the phrase "true feminist" in order to just dismiss all feminist misdeeds, all feminist lies?
"Well, they weren't real feminists." Fuck you. Yes they were.»
Quote: «Dean Esmay is a husband, a father, and a Men's Human Rights Activist. A pioneer in the early blogosphere, his blog "Dean's World" opened in early 2002 as a followup to an opinion site he started in the late 1990s called "Dangerous Thoughts." Dean's World was at one time ranked by several sources as one of the best and most influential weblogs in the world, although he put the blog into semi-retirement due to personal reasons some years ago. Contributors to that blog at one time included noted Father's Rights activist Glenn Sacks and domestic violence advocate Trudy Schuett.
A writer, a journalist, and an all-around geek, Dean has written for IDG Publications, New Riders, Pajamas Media, Resource Central, Syndicomm, Blogcritics, and other publications over the last 25 years. A general geek, his interests also include video games, music, serious Science Fiction, and critical analysis of film, television, and digital media in general. He has been known to dabble on and off for years in the dark art of political punditry, and has worked on more than one political campaign for candidates in more than one political party.
He is a fan of science, particularly information technology and the social sciences such as political science and economics, and maintains an interest in comparative religion as well. He is also the co-author of "Methuselah's Daughter", a work of speculative fiction that was critically-acclaimed, award nominated, and a commercial flop.
In what little spare time Dean has, he enjoys video games, cartoons, and British television and movies even though he's never even been to the UK. And no, he's not cutting his hair or shaving his beard off, so you can stop asking. Also, don't tell anybody, but he's a Roman Catholic, although he freely admits to not being a very good one.
As a child and a young man, he was subjected to years of physical, emotional, and sexual abuse. He refuses to let this define him or use it as a tool to bash others with, but it's given him an intense passion for helping those who need help, and an intense loathing of those who work hard to marginalize at least half the world's victims of these horrors, and a complete loathing for people who use their victim status as a club against others and use lurid "trigger warnings" to cheapen vitally important discussions. As a recovering alcoholic, he also has immense sympathy for anyone who's still struggling in the misery and insanity of addiction.
Having written, debated, and done real-world work to help men and boys struggling from abusive relationships and/or family court abuse, with a particular focus on the area of domestic violence and sexual abuse of children, Dean came to the conclusion in 2012 that 40 years of men's advocates being nice and polite and conciliatory when it comes to men's issues had been ineffective, and embraced the AVfM "Fuck Their Shit Up" philosophy: we're going to get loud, we're going to get rude, and we're not going to debate with idiots and liars who can't deal with facts or reality: we're going to get our message heard and start working to protect boys and men from a cold, uncaring, misandrist society, and we're going to do it by any means necessary, to quote one of his personal heroes, Malcolm X[wp].
He still blogs semi-regularly at Dean's World (deanesmay.com[ext]) as well as at The Moderate Voice (themoderatevoice.com[ext]), usually about issues other than men's issues, although he makes sure to get Red Pill content out to a wider audience whenever he gets a chance. He also semi-regularly updates his YouTube channel.
Born in El Paso, Texas in 1966, he has lived in many parts of the United States including Chicago Illinois, Indianapolis Indiana, and Shreveport Louisiana. He currently resides in Michigan. He is a part-time IT consultant and full-time Men's Human Rights activist.»
- Is the Strength of Women Their Facade of Weakness? - Cassie Jaye - The Red Pill raw files (March 26, 2018) (Size: 19:57 min.)
- RooshV and Return of Kings sells chemical and ideological poison. Time to take out the trash., February 8, 2016 (Return of Kings)
- To the abusive claim that Men's Rights Activists don't do anything but complain on the internet, August 10, 2015
- To the abusive feminist who demanded that I list all our accomplishments for men, July 13, 2015
- To my friends who are nice feminists, July 13, 2015 (Feminist)
- The smell of feminist fear, June 29, 2015
- An open letter to Christian conservatives: Why you lost and what I suggest you do about it, June 28, 2015
- Gays Against Feminism: Because gay people are not your property, feminists, June 26, 2015
- What do A Voice for Men's readers look like racially/ethnically?, January 20, 2015
- Anita Sarkeesian-and Wikipedia-busted again, September 9, 2014 (Wikipedia)
- Is libertarianism the undercurrent of the MHRM?, August 18, 2014 (Men's rights movement)
- Awards Dinner: Presentation to the International Conference on Men's Issues 2014, August 7, 2014
- A short guide to the Men's Rights Movement: Emily Shire's generalizations, November 13, 2013
- The Catalog of Anti-Male Shaming Tactics, February 8, 2013 (Also known as The Anti-Male Shaming Tactics Catalogue)
- A Voice for Men: Dean Esmay
- Welcome to Escaping Atheism, Red Pill Religion on October 19, 2016
- Twitter: @deanesmay - 22 Jul 2015 - 12:09 PM
- TwitLonger: @deanesmay - 22 Jul 2015
- David King: Dean Esmay resigns as AVfM COO, A Voice for Men on July 22, 2015
- Warren Farrell on July 24, 2015, 12:58 AM
- Mike Buchanan on July 22, 2015, 11:00 PM
- Dean Esmay: To my friends who are nice feminists, A Voice for Men on July 13, 2015
- Diana Davison: Why we need to fuck their shit up, December 2, 2013
- A Voice for Men: Dean Esmay
- Blog: redpillreligion.com - Red Pill Religion
- A Voice for Men: Dean Esmay, June 14, 2010
- David Futrelle:
- Dean Esmay quits A Voice for Men in what he seems to kind of want us to think is an amicable split, We Hunted the Mammoth on July 22, 2015
- Dean Esmay, MRA and big old white dude, tells feminist women of color they're "Aunt Jemimahs", We Hunted the Mammoth on July 2, 2015
- Miss Andry: 50 Shades of Esmay: MRA Promotes a Hashtag About 'Spanking' Feminists, Hail to the Gynocracy on June 21, 2015
- YouTube: Max Dean Esmay