Return of Kings
|Return of Kings|
|Launched||October 16, 2012|
|Current status||closed on December 21, 2022|
Return of Kings was a blog for heterosexual, masculine men run by Roosh V.
Quote: «Lost count how many times we've had to say "We're not a men's rights site."» - Return of Kings
|Return of Kings started as an idea in a cafe in Kharkov, Ukraine in 2012. At that time, a book I was reading about the achievements of Alexander the Great[wp] inflamed my ego and I decided that I, too, wanted to do something great to change the world. I certainly wasn't a military commander with the power of the sword, but I was an internet publisher who could wield the power of the pen to mold the world into my image, which at that time was one of a caricatured masculinity achieved through the act of fornication.
Inspired by fantasies of money, worldwide adoration, and increased sexual attention from women, I launched Return Of Kings in October 2012. It quickly developed into the largest "red pill" website on the internet and became enemy number one to feminists and mainstream media outlets. Articles on ROK went viral numerous times and pushed masculine ideas into the national conversation. As the "director" of this conversation, I was eminently proud that my ideas surrounding male-centered casual sex relations could be normalized among Western men.
By the end of 2018, I didn't enjoy publishing Return Of Kings anymore. The attacks against the site started to hurt, and the multiple waves of service cancellations, most especially Paypal, made it hard to earn money and attract quality writing. In addition, what was fresh and new in 2012 now felt boring and stale, and I didn't look forward to publishing articles that already hit upon what we had published before. After more than 5,000 articles, 1 million user comments, 63 million visits, and 225 million page views, I closed Return Of Kings on October 1, 2018. I intended to leave the site up eternally as an archive, a testament to my glorious achievement, but then something happened.
If you are not an active Orthodox Christian, it is impossible to describe repentance that gives you full understanding, but I will try: in the fall of 2019, in a pit of despair upon suffering a death in the family, I prayed to the Lord God for the first time. He answered. I came to myself and realized that I had lived my whole life in the wrong way, that I was not a good or moral person, that I have hurt innumerable women and men, that my worldly achievements were worse than nothing, and that I was an enemy of God, my Creator. I understood that I have a soul, that I'm not just a random collection of molecules evolved from a primordial soup for no reason at all, and that I had severely damaged my soul, along with the souls of others. I became aware of the great precipice before me, of losing my soul for all eternity, and knew that I must immediately make a change and step away from all my addictions, passions, and worldly attachments.
Without yet reading the Bible for moral instruction or knowing what the Orthodox Church teaches, I sensed that the first step on this new path was to stop fornicating with women, that all carnal relations outside of marriage must cease. Problem was that Return Of Kings had dozens of articles explicitly guiding men on this very act. They had to go, along with anything else that taught men how to sin (i.e. go against the commandments of God). As expected, the secular world thought I had gone mad and "lost it." I was even told that I should get checked out for a brain tumor, but once God comes into your soul and you feel his presence, things of the world seem like thin gruel, and I dived in with zeal to build my relationship with Lord Jesus Christ through His Church, the Orthodox Church, in which I was received in the spring of 2021.
After my repentance, I did not see a problem with leaving old secular content online since it did not explicitly teach men how to sin. What's so wrong with articles like "30 Signs That A Woman Has Been With Over 100 Men" or "16 Signs That You Are A Weak Beta Male," for example? They couldn't possibly hurt men, I thought, but I no longer believe that. Any piece of content that is secular, created from a godless perspective, and allows you to keep loving the things of this world will end up harming your soul by competing with the love you must have for God. It enables you to stay locked into matters and affairs that will keep you off the path of salvation. I can't have it on my conscience that I left up an archive of thousands of articles that continued to validate for many men a secular outlook that inhibited their worship of Christ. The articles were written as if the spiritual world didn't exist and painted the material world as the end-all-be-all of our existence, presupposing the false notion that there is no God. Therefore, I took down the entire Return Of Kings archive. It is not coming back.
Return Of Kings may have shared worldly truths, but it did not share the ultimate truth, that Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God, who came to Earth to suffer for our sins and open up for us the path to eternal life. He's our Creator and we must have faith in Him through His Church, the Orthodox Church, to turn away from evil to save our souls. Many men have told me that Return Of Kings helped them, but unless it brought you into God's Church, I'll have to disagree and argue that it instead led them astray. May it deceive no other man from this day forward.
If you're interested in learning more about repentance, detaching from the modern world, and wholesome fellowship with women, read these articles:
For writing that accounts for both material and spiritual realities, visit RooshV.com and RooshVForum.com.
|– Roosh Valizadeh[wp]|
December 21, 2022
- Website: returnofkings.com
- Donovan Sharpe: The Real Reason Women Get Abortions, August 22, 2018 (Abortion)
- Layla Jax: Feminism Is Making It Harder For Feminine Women To Find A Masculine Man, August 22, 2018 (Feminism)
- Mo Saleem: The Pussification Of Western Society And How To Overcome It, August 21, 2018 (Western Society)
- Luke Stranahan: Why You Should Never Help Women, May 24, 2016 (Woman)
- Nikolai Vladivostok: Why Your Father Is Helpless At Teaching You How To Succeed In The Modern World, February 17, 2016 (Father)
- David G. Brown: The Women's Soccer World Cup Is A Celebration Of Mediocrity, June 21, 2015 (Frauenfußball)
- Greg Freeman: 5 Things Every Man Under 30 Needs To Know, March 6, 2015
- John Carver: In Praise Of The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, February 20, 2015
- Arson Greyer: An Idiot's Guide To New Western Sexual Orientations, February 20, 2015 (From LGBT to alphabet soup, new terms for the same old sexual behaviour)
- David Garrett: Women Get A Pussy Pass Even For Killing Children, February 20, 2015 (Pussy pass)
- Blair Naso: Barbie Is The Perfect Role Model For Little Girls, February 19, 2015
- Matt Forney: 20 Signs That We're Not Living In A Patriarchy, February 17, 2015 (The data clearly shows that male supremacy is a myth) (Patriarchy)
- Billy Chubbs: 5 Reasons I Am Not A Men's Rights Activist, March 18, 2014
- Emmanuel Goldstein: The Men's Rights Movement Is No Place For Men, June 6, 2013 (Men's rights movement)
- Harry: Don't Believe The Lies About Foreign Brides, February 6, 2013
- Roosh Valizadeh: American Women Are Mad They Aren't Courted Anymore, January 30, 2013
- Roosh Valizadeh: Welcome To Return Of Kings, October 16, 2012
- Website: rooshv.com
- The Men's Rights Movement Is Dead, August 27, 2012
- "Men's Rights" Has Become A Euphemism For "Sexual Loser", October 21, 2009
- Greg Johnson: Yes Roosh, White Nationalists Want to Control Sexual Behavior, Counter-Currents Publishing on February 22, 2016
- German: Ja, Roosh, Weiße Nationalisten wollen das Sexualverhalten kontrollieren, Counter-Currents Publishing am 29. Februar 2016 (Übersetzung Carla Smith-Haggard)
- Martin Lichtmesz: Camille Paglia & Roosh V. zur Vergewaltigungsdebatte, Sezession am 13. Februar 2016 (Camille Paglia)
- Dean Esmay: RooshV and Return of Kings sells chemical and ideological poison. Time to take out the trash., A Voice for Men on February 8, 2016
- Few of the atrocious rapes that RooshV admits to, Secrets of the infamous Daryush Valizadeh aka RooshV aka Roosh V on February 5, 2016
- Dean Esmay: Media creates phony narrative to dub RooshV an "MRA" #GamerGate #ReturnOfKings #MRA #MRAs, A Voice for Men on February 4, 2016
- Sage Gerard: Roosh, let's talk, A Voice for Men on January 14, 2016
- Roosh V - The Fiamengo File, Episode 2 - Janice Fiamengo (August 20, 2015) (Size: 6:50 min.)